Monday, March 21, 2011

Tooth Fairy Pillow Tutorial

Yep!  That is a loose tooth!  Caleb came to me this morning and showed me that the tooth is pretty much out.  It's just hanging on by the gums in the front.  This is Caleb's first loose tooth and he is also the first of our boys with a loose tooth.  I bet it will be out by tomorrow. 

Mainly because he can't quit wiggling it!

Since he is the first, I knew I wanted to make him something special to help him feel at ease about the loss of his tooth.  I looked online and found so many cute tutorials for Tooth Fairy pillows.  I wanted something simple and so I used the tooth pattern at mmmcrafts and just made a simple tooth pillow with a little pocket on the front.

 I think it turned out super cute!

Want to make one of your own?
Here are some easy step-by-step instructions.

1.  Pick out 2 different fabrics.
One for your tooth and one for your pocket.

2.  Print out a pattern for your tooth.  It prints on 8x11 size paper so your material just has to be big enough to fit two.  For the pocket, I just used a scrap of blue jeans left over from another project.

 3.  Take the material for your pocket and cut it a little over 3 inches wide.

4.  Cut your pocket to be 3.5 inches tall.

5.  Press a small seam on the edges of your pocket.

6.  Fold your material in half and then place your tooth pattern on top of the material.  Pin it down, making sure to pin through both layers of fabric.

7.  Cut around pattern.  You should now have two teeth.

8.   Position your pocket on the front side of a tooth.  Pin it in place.

9.  Stitch around the side, bottom and then side of the pocket.

10.  Place both teeth together, right side to right side.  Pin in place.

11.  Sew around tooth leaving a hole at top to flip it out.

12.  Turn it out and then start stuffing the tooth with cotton fill.

13.  You can use your scissors to push it down into the roots.

14.  Using a whipstitch, close the hole and then fluff your pillow.

15.  Give it to a cute little one with a loose or lost tooth! 


Here are some more tutorials for Tooth Fairy Pilows.  They are all different styles and all very cute!

mmmcrafts
Sew, Mama, Sew
Crafty Carnival
Gen X Quilters
Mountain Mama

Sumo Sweet Stuff

craft


Keeping It Simple

The Girl Creative





















Anything Related










Photobucket







Chic on a Shoestring Decorating










Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


UndertheTableandDreaming



NightOwlCrafting





9 comments:

  1. What a cute pillow! It would be easier for the tooth fairy to collect the tooth from that nifty pocket than from under their pillow, under their sleeping head!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats SUPER cute! I'm in dentistry so I loved seeing his wiggly tooth :)

    http://itsacowgirlthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet idea. I'm archiving this for when my boys lose their baby teeth.

    If you have a moment, I'd love for you to share this with my readers: Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW: Love that you keep a running list of books...I do that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! My son's tooth is ready to fall out any day now too, so I'm hoping to be able to make your cute pillow in time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really cute idea!! Thank you for your tutorial! I will definitely have to make this when my son is old enough :)
    ~your new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back this week! {Party opens at 8pm CST on Wed night}

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so cute! I needed one of these when my son lost his tooth. I didn't know how on earth we'd find the little thing under his pillow! ha ha. Great job!

    Thanks so much for linking up with For the Kids Fridays at Sun Scholars. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week! I'll be posting the next party later tonight. Hope to have you stop by!

    :)rachel @ SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh I hate wiggly teeth!! It's the one thing I'd squeamish about with "kid stuff" (and trust me...there's a LOT that doesn't bother me!) :) BUT this pillow makes it a little cuter :)

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0