Saturday, March 26, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Jelly Bean Sugar Cookies

Jelly Beans are yummy! As a kid, I used to love picking through the beans to pull out my favorite colors.  I always liked the purple, pink and red ones.   I did notice that there were no black or white jelly beans in the bags of beans I bought. Maybe there are in some of the different brands.  I don't like them anyway, but have they stopped making them?

I wanted to make some fun desserts with these colorful beans and so here is one that I came up with! After I made these I looked online to see if there were more recipes for Jelly Bean cookies, and there are!  I will put the links up at the bottom of the post.

For these cookies you will need:
A good sugar cookie recipe or a good sugar cookie mix (I recommend Betty Crocker's).
Jelly Beans (about 1 cup)


First I cut up some jelly beans.  I tried to chop them with my food chopper but that didn't work.  I found that using a knife was the best method.  

Aren't they pretty?  I love all the colors and it smelled so good.  Jelly Bean potpourri...

Make your sugar cookie dough.  I just used a sugar cookie mix from Betty Crocker.  LOVE, her sugar cookies!  I made the cookies according to the package directions and then dumped in some of my cut up beans.  Stir and then bake as directed.

Ta-dah!  Yummy Jelly Bean Sugar cookies!

You want to go make some now, don'tcha?

Here's those links I promised ya!

Lemon and Orange Jelly Bean Cookies

Extreme Oatmeal and Jelly Bean Cookies




Chic on a Shoestring Decorating































Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


UndertheTableandDreaming






The Girl Creative

Keeping It Simple

Blog Button

craft














NightOwlCrafting


lil luna link party button




CreativeShareWednesdays


giveaways




Photobucket










Photobucket




Photobucket







11 comments:

  1. Those look so good! I'm glad that they are easy to make - it makes it easier for me to make them =) Stopping by from the Weekend Wrapup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What colorful little cookies. Sounds like a great way to use up extra Easter candy. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jelly Beans in Sugar Cookies, Very Different and this also would be a great recipe to link up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS; the theme this week is "SURPRISE INGREDIENT" (What can you hide in your recipe). Please come on over and link up....

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I just love jelly beans. I can only imagine how fun these taste. - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm! Those look tasty--I LOVE jelly beans :-) I'll have to give them a try! I never would have thought to put jelly beans in a cookie!

    Rachel @ Maybe Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sure make some fun looking cookies!!! How did they cook? I'd love to try these for my kids!

    Thanks for sharing this post at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars. This week's party is now posted. I'd love to have you share with us again this week!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for linking up and back to me today!
    That looks like a fun treat if your child has a party at school, easy & fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always used to eat the orange and purple jelly beans back in the day...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so good! Putting candy in cookies is always tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0