Friday, April 8, 2011

Fun Sheep Craft

This is a fun craft to do with your kiddos.  It does require supervising and with my two year old I had to help a lot.  But they are so cute and I just love how they look on my table.

Supplies needed:
Styrofoam egg
cotton balls
Elmer's school glue
scissors
wooden skewer
white paint
googly eyes
black paper or ribbon

Start by pulling your cotton balls in half.  Then put some glue on your Styrofoam egg and then press a cotton ball into the glue.  

We were using about that much glue per piece of cotton.

Keep gluing and adding cotton balls until it is completely covered.

Caleb didn't want to get his hands sticky with glue so he let me hold the egg, while he carefully pressed on the cotton balls.

Now for the legs.  Take a bamboo skewer and paint it white.  Then cut it apart into smaller pieces.  Cutting them to however short or tall you want your sheep to be.

Push the skewer pieces into the Styrofoam.

Then glue on your googly eyes and then a little triangle of black paper or ribbon for the nose. 

The ears are just little balls of cotton about this big.

Glue on the ears and say, "BAAAAAA!"

Didn't they turn out cute?!

I couldn't resist making a black sheep to hang out with them!

There they are in the grass, making a sweet centerpiece for my dining table. 


I had to share this picture of Simon with fuzzy, cotton fingers.  He was a little concerned.






Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special









Anything Related









lil luna link party button





Photobucket





Black Kats Design

16 comments:

  1. I love it! this will be a good craft for the library kiddos and at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little lambies bah, bah, bah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. Love that little black sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha so cute! Just imagining one with massive googly eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I love sheep and they have sort of become a theme for my daughter. We'll have to make some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love these. My daughter is sitting next to me pretending to be a sheep after seeing these. haha. What a cute craft to do with our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention, I'd love for you to add this to the Hump Day Hoorah link party. I hope to see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thank you so much for participating in Hump Day Hoorah (doesn't that just sound funny, haha).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cute! Great job!

    http://lucyluvinyl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. so adorable...my kiddies would love those...thanks for sharing...xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww I love these! Guess what we are doing if it is still raining tomorrow!! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovin' it!! Those little guys are just too stinkin' cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh what sweet little sheep!! Love them!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh... those are ADORABLE!!!!!! I just LOVE them!!! Thanks for sharing them at last week's For the Kids Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this at Creative Juice! Hope to see you back at the party tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0