Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pipe Cleaner Carrot Pen Tutorial

Carrot pens!  I am so happy with the way these turned out.  You could make them for yourself or for gifts and it takes all of 5 minutes to do.  I haven't looked to see if there are any other tutorials out there for this but I thought about making them with yarn and then decided to try the pipe cleaners instead.  I may try the yarn later.  If I do, I will let you know how it goes!

Supplies for one carrot pen:
-a simple ball point pen with no lid on or clicker
-8 orange pipe cleaners
-1 green pipe cleaner
-scissors

 Start by taking your pen and wrapping your orange pipe 
cleaner around and around your pen.  
Wrap tightly and closely.  This is about 3 pipe cleaners.  

 When you get to the end of your pen work your way 
back up making sure that your start each new 
pipe cleaner over the end of the last.  
You should have 2 layers of pipe cleaners on your pen.

Take your green pipe cleaner and fold it in half 
and then fold it in half again.  This will be your carrot greenery.

Uncurl a little of the orange pipe cleaner 
and twist it around the bend in your greenery. 

Then push it down on the end and twist a little 
more to make it stable.  If you want to use hot glue 
to permanently hold it place you can.

That's it!  You are done!  Have fun writing with your carrot pen!

**I'm not left handed...it was just easier to take the picture with my right hand!**


Show and Tell Green





NightOwlCrafting














Sumo Sweet Stuff

Anything Related







giveaways


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating







Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!







UndertheTableandDreaming


The Girl CreativeSumo Sweet Stuffcraft























Photobucket




Keeping It Simple



Blog Button

lil luna link party button





CreativeShareWednesdays





 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/


16 comments:

  1. Those are so cute and easy! I'm excited to see carrot crafts showing up. I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are totally cute! We'll be making these for sure!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them too!!! Will keep it in mind for a rainy day project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! My daughter will love these! What a fun craft she can make for her friends. Thanks for sharing! Dana @ D'Lea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are just fabulous!!! What a great and simple idea!
    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/2011/03/round-tuit-40.html/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally going to do this with the kiddos! (;

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, isn't that just adorable! Love it
    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen flower pens - this is adorable! So creative! I'm a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! What a creative idea. My daughter will love this in her easter basket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww such adorable pens! Love them:)
    -roopa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute! I would have never thought to use pipe cleaners! What a great idea.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at For the Kids Friday! I will be posting the next link party tomorrow night. I hope to have you stop by and link up again this week!

    :)rachel at SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would be a great Easter basket filler! LOVE!

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice Thursday. Hope to see you back this week! {Party opens at 8pm CST on Wed night}

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute & festive!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute, I bet these feel great in the hands. I saw you at Saturday Spotlight by Craft Envy.

    My blog is having it's first linky party this weekend. I would love for you to add this post: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2011/03/funky-fresh-friday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a large number of years after the fact and it appears quite a few years, we approach taking care of crises, routine cleaning and support administrations and fixes with a more noteworthy certainty, furnished with specialized skill.

    carpet cleaning NYC

    ReplyDelete

  16. Hi There,
    Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
    Our best giveaway of 2018, add the effect you want to get on the note of order page so our bud tender chooses the best strain.
    EMAIL:info@exhaleonlinedispensary.com
    Click here for more information:- href="https://www.exhaleonlinedispensary.com/product/twisty-glass-blunt-twisty-pipe-by-7-pipe/" title="Twisty Glass Blunt – Twisty Pipe By 7 Pipe:Exhale Online Dispensary 707 335 4526">MORE DETAILS......

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0