Thursday, March 17, 2011

Simon's First Trip to the ER

Simon got to take a trip to the ER last night after hitting his chin on the table, causing his teeth to go through his bottom lip.  After 3 hours of waiting we finally got one little stitch in his bottom lip.  I was told the cut on the inside would heal fast.  It was not a fun experience, for him or for me.  It was my first experience to have one of my kids need stitches.  I know it probably won't be the last, but I pray it is.

The poor baby went to bed with a grape popsicle mustache and a dose of Tylenol.
This morning I noticed he has red dots on his cheeks and temples.  I guess they are from his screaming.  My shoulders and neck hurt from tensing up with him and holding down his arms and legs.  Which was something I didn't want to do, but there were not enough nurses available to help.  I hate being the bad guy.  But of course he came right to me after it was over and I held him and snuggled him and we cried together. 

1 comment:

  1. OUCH! Poor thing. I hope he has recovered and is running around again!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0