Thursday, March 24, 2011

T-shirt Redo

What shall we do with the shrunken sweater? 
What shall we do with the shrunken sweater?
What shall we do with the shrunken sweater? 
Early in the morning.

(sung to the tune of What Shall We Do With The Drunken Sailor)
That's the tune I was singing yesterday as I pondered what to do with one of my mistreated sweaters.  I'm not the best at taking care of them.  After some careful thought and consideration I decided to cut it up!  Yep, into strips.  I turned those strips into rosettes and then sewed them onto a plain white t-shirt that I had.  I didn't do the best sewing job and I am pretty sure someone more skilled could have done better but I like it and I'm a gonna wear it!  

I felt a bit naughty when I was cutting it up...
I have guilt issues.

But I don't feel guilty now because I can still wear my sweater.  
Hopefully my cruddy sewing job will hold and I won't have fix it after each wear!

I still have some of the sweater left.  
Any ideas on what I could make with it?  
How about this...best answer wins a prize.  Not sure what yet but it will be fun and something handmade by me.

And just for fun!











Photobucket





Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



UndertheTableandDreaming

Keeping It Simple

The Girl Creative





NightOwlCrafting

13 comments:

  1. love it! my idea...
    cut into six strips. roll each strip into a wound circle, secure with fabric glue, or a hot glue gun.
    lay out circles into a pyramid shape, and glue. embellish with sequins or buttons. attach a green looped string to the top for a cute christmas tree ornament.

    i have no idea why christmas with march coming to an end...but that beautiful color definitely calls out for the holiday.

    or, roll them into circles, glue in a shamrock pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could unravel it, toss the bits outside, and watch the birds make it into nests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about cut it in strips,Braid it and make a Headband for your Hair!
    geauxtami@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the headband idea tamiv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. This is darling. I'm not a big sewer, but this looks like something I can actually do. Thanks for the fab blog and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your song. I have one too many shruken sweaters...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday! Hope you can make it back this week {party opens wed. night @ 8pm CST}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I might use this technique for sweaters that no longer fit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You could use the rest of your sweater to make a flower attachment for a headband, or attach it to another shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Why don't you use the rest to make rolled flower rosettes and attach them to an envelope pillow case. It would make some cute decor. Or, instead of making the rosettes, if you have enough, you can even cut it into strips and make ruffles to attach to the pillow or the bottom of a skirt :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0