Monday, March 7, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Baked Tilapia with Mango Salsa

This is a healthy and tasty recipe that the hubby and I recently tried.  I think you could tweak the salsa recipe to match your tastes.  I did just a little bit.  Troy thought it had a little too much onion, so next time I will put even less and maybe try a pinch of salt and sugar in there too.

Ingredients:
2 mangos, chopped
1 small red pepper, chopped
1/4 of red onion, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 limes squeezed
1 1/2 pounds of tilapia fillets
butter
salt and pepper, to taste

I left the onion out of this picture...but it's too pretty not to share it anyways.

Mix all the chopped ingredients together in a bowl.  
I only used maybe 1/8 a cup of chopped cilantro.

Squeeze your limes into the bowl.  

Heat oven to 425 degrees.  Line a baking dish with foil.  
Spray with cooking spray.  Place fish in the dish and sprinkle 
with salt and pepper.  Then dot with butter.  
Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.  Until fish flakes easily.

Before serving, top your fish with some 
mango salsa or put it on the side if you prefer.

Sumo Sweet Stuff

Anything Related








giveaways





5 comments:

  1. This looks so delicious! I've never used Mango Salsa before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm! I am always looking for a new way to make fish. I am bookmarking this one. thanks for sharing.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks very yummy. I am a huge fan of mango! And tilapia is one of my favorite fish.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the colors in your bowl of mango salsa! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up and playing today.

    I love tilapia, we are huge fish eaters. So glad it's getting warm so we can go catch some:)

    Have a blessed weekend. I hope you stop by week after next for another installment. I am hosting them every other Friday.

    D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0