Friday, September 10, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Chicken Spaghetti

This is a recipe from my sister-in-law, Susan.  I have made it several times and done some different variations with it and so I think (just like most recipes) it is fairly versitile and you could add or take away what you wanted.

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts without skin, cooked and chopped
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
12 ozs spaghetti, cooked
8 ozs sour cream
processed American cheese, optional
parmesan cheese
1 can mushroom pieces, optional


Boil chicken and cut into pieces.

Mix soups, sour cream and mushrooms together. 
**I didn't use mushrooms because we don't really like them in our family.  I mix everything in the pan also.  Keeps the clean up to a minimal.

I add yellow pepper, chopped fine, instead of the mushrooms. 
My kids don't even know that it is there!

Then stir in the chicken and the cheese.  I use Velveeta, it's nice and creamy.

Stir in the spaghetti and smooth it down.   Then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Yummy!




4 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so goood! I love simple, new casseroles for busy days! This will be on my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How yummy! I just bookmarked this! Thanks for stopping by today! I'm now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y.U.M! I've got to try that! Fun blog! Your fam is super adorable! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I love making new blog friends!
    ♥ Aleesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I am visiting from NFF. Nice blog you have here. I am a Christian wife and mom too. Love to have you come visit me at www.beingrefinedassilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0