Tuesday, September 21, 2010

New Testament Tuesday #2

Well here it is the second week and we have finished the book of Matthew and have started off this week with The book of Galatians and will finish it up with the book of Hebrews.  I have really been enjoying this read through and reading others thoughts and seeing how God is speaking to them. 

The passage that spoke to me the most was Matthew 12:36-37.
"And I say to you, that every careless word that men shall speak, they shall render account for it in the day of judgement.  For by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned." (NAS version).

I don't know about you, but I have been careless with my words more times than I care to admit.  I deserve condemnation.  In fact, this is an area that I feel I am constantly being pruned in.  I have the words of Psalm 19:14 written on my fridge as a reminder.  (I go there a lot so I figure that is a good place to put it.)
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer."(NAS)
I desire that what I say will reflect Him at all times.  In my joy, my sadness, my struggles, in everything.  I have 3 little boys watching me and even though I feel like they aren't listening to me...evidence shows that they really are!  So my plan is to keep reading the Bible and meditate on what I read.  To try to keep garbage out and pour the good stuff in.

Lord Jesus, I pray that you would restrain my tongue when it starts to wag and that you would fill me with your words and your life.  Thank you for your word that is life-changing and renewing.  In your Name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are doing this with us and I am blessed even more to call you family. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to hold my tongue, but alas, I fail at times.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0