Monday, August 30, 2010

Joshua's First Day of Kindergarten


My Joshie is in Kindergarten!  I can't believe it!  It seems like just yesterday that I was rocking that cute little baby and singing him to sleep.  Where did the time go?

He was excited and ready to go this morning.  As we drove to school we all prayed for Josh and that he would have a good, safe day.  Of course, I started crying.  Josh said, "Mom, don't make me cry."  I explained to him that I wasn't sad, just proud.  I told him that he made me happy and that I was happy he was my son.  He just smiled real big. 

Here he is putting his backpack in his cubby.

I wanted a picture with my Kindergartener.  I'm not sure why my husband didn't say, "Hon, your hair is hanging all funky on your forehead.  Can you push it to the side?" 
Oh well, Josh is the cute one...even with the little bruise on his forehead. 

We got him situated at his table and then said our goodbyes. 
No one cried anymore, we were all smiles.

He didn't even look back to see that we had gone.  I know because I stood there watching. 

I had a long day today and I really thought that just having Caleb and Simon would make it easier.  And perhaps some days will be but today, was not. 
Here's my big boy waiting on us to pull closer.  I really missed my big helper today.  But he said he had fun and he was really excited to tell us all about it.  He said he wasn't able to play basketball at P.E. and that "was a problem". 
I assured him there would probably be a chance for him to play basketball at P.E. another day. 



Sippy Cups and Cloth Bums

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how exciting - first day of school! Glad that things went well and hope that they continue to go well!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your son had a good first day of school! He is really cute! Found you through a blog hop. Now following you!

    Karen @ TheSonShinesThroughMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I'm crying!!! I miss you all!!! I know Wednesday will be emotional for me as Madison starts. Oh man!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0