Monday, March 8, 2010

Lunch: 32 Pound Hamburger

During my morning routine of checking on my Facebook, I saw a status for Bryan-College Station, TX . It said "Today at 1pm go see a 35lb burger at Fuddrucker's! They just started cooking it up! And don't forget to get one of their delicious burgers while you're there!"

So I thought, "I've never seen a hamburger that big before! The boys would think that was cool! Let's go!" We met PaPa and Grandi there and ordered our food. About 10 minutes later we were able to see the giant hamburger patty come out of the oven.

They put 40 slices of cheese on top and then stuck it back in the oven for a bit.


Then they moved it over to the bottom part of the bun. It took 4 people, 2 on each side, to move that monster!


There it was and now all it needed was a top! The biggest bun I have ever seen...complete with sesame seeds of regular proportions.


The boys thought it was too cool!

Here are the folks at Fuddruckers who worked on this beast of a burger. I know they were proud and they had every reason to be. They did an excellent job...I didn't get to taste it but it looked fantastic!

Just to show you how it looks to scale: I believe the burger on top was no bigger than a 1/2 pound.

Anyway, a guy named Tim was surprised with this burger for his lunch. It was his birthday and I guess he had always wanted a big hamburger or something. Not sure what the story was there. All I know is, I hope he shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0