Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Downtown Derby


This past Saturday I participated in my first 5K run/walk. It was the 1st Downtown Derby hosted by the Junior League of B/CS. It was so much fun! My Aunt Carolyn and sister Melanie came to walk with me and that made it go by so fast because we talked the whole way. Melanie and I jogged the last block and went across the finish line a little under 54 minutes! I thought it would take us over an hour just walking, so glad it didn't. They had prizes to giveaway at the end (which none of us won) and bagels and fruit for refreshment. It was a lot of fun and I plan on doing another one soon!

Here is the starting line. We are kind of in the middle. You can barely see me over on the right side, just behind a blonde chick wearing a red shirt. You can only see half my face.


Here we are starting out. Josh was yelling at me, "Mom, you're losing!" He is so competitive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0