Friday, October 22, 2010

Recipe of the Week - Instant Hot Chocolate

This recipe for hot chocolate was a recipe that my hubby's grandmother used and then his Mom.  He remembers making it as a kid and we have now made it almost every year since we've been married.  Caleb helped this year.

Ingredients:
1 lb Nestles Quick Chocolate
9 1/3 cup powdered milk, 7 qt. box
1 lb powdered sugar
11 ozs powdered coffee creamer

Mix in a large container, seal and shake.  Store in air tight container.
To make 1 serving: add 1/3 cup mix to 1 cup of hot water.  Stir and add marshmallows if you desire.


Caleb stirring...he's been wanting to help cook lately.

 Dad showing how you shake it all up to mix it real good.  
It's a technique he learned when he was a little boy.

Getting ready to shake.

Mmmmmmm....hot chocolate!










UndertheTableandDreaming

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, this sounds so very yummy!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to make this when I was growing up and it was the best hot chocolate I've EVER had but she lost the recipe! Woo hooo! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be hot chocolate season very soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy hot chocolate!!!

    I would love to have you enter this on my party at ItsSoVeryCheri.com and then over at our other site theDIYClub.com We have a weekly DIY Living party over there.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0