Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Testament Tuesday #4 - A Day Late

I'm sorry to be late with this post.  I've just had a lot going on and it is becoming harder for me to find the time to blog.  Which is sad because it is something that I really enjoy doing.  Hopefully things will get a little more settled here over the next couple of weeks. 

We read the book of Luke last week and this week it's the book of Acts.  I had a little trouble keeping up with the reading last week but I am all caught up now.  It was just one of those weeks, ya know?

The story of the rich young ruler (18:18-25) and the story of Zaccheus (19:1-10) were a highlight for me this week.  I couldn't help but to think in depth of these 2 individuals and compare their two stories.  I'm not going to share all of what I saw so take a second look (or a first look) and compare for yourself.

Another verse that I thought I would take the time to mention is Luke 24:45.
"Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures."
When I read it I thought that it was cool that he gave this wisdom to them.  He prepared them for the work that they would have to do.  I was thinking how I read the Bible and I pray for understanding.  But I don't really think in detail about the power that could be behind that.  That Jesus is there and that it's a physical thing this opening of the mind.  At least that is how I see it.  That there is a change made there in us when our minds are opened to understand. 
What was really cool, for me, is that later on that day I was doing my "homework" for the Beth Moore study on Daniel that I am doing.  She referenced the same verse!  She talked about how we could turn the concept conveyed in that verse into a powerful prayer for the person we're urging toward the truth.  In other words, that we could pray that He would open the minds of others to understand the truths that are in the Word! 

I'll try not to be late next week but well, you know how life goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0