Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New Testament Tuesday #5

This past week finished up the book of Acts.  I have to admit that after reading this my first thought was "What an adventure!  It would make a great movie!"

The verse that spoke to me the most this week is Acts 17:11

"Now these were more noble-minded than those in (A)Thessalonica, for they received the word with great eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so."

It just became really personal to me and made me realize that there was a point in my christian walk where I accepted the teachings from my pastor and teachers as truth.  I looked to the Bible myself but not to better study what I had been taught.  It was only as I matured in my faith that I began to explore the Bible more and learn for myself to examine the Scripture and compare it to the teachings.  It also made me think to the verse last week in Luke where Jesus opened the disciples minds to understand the Scriptures.  These Bereans were clearly open in mind.  My prayer this week is that the Lord will open my mind, and the minds of all those that are reading, to the truths that are held in the Scriptures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0