Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Chore Chart and School Chart

I've created a chore chart for the two older boys and also a school chart.  They are assigned a chore for the week and are reminded once a day to do their chore.  If they do it then it's worth 30 minutes of t.v., Wii or computer time.  The chores are varied and it does help out the family as a whole for them to do the chores.  The school chart will only get checked if they receive a good report from school.  Caleb is only in school Tuesday-Friday so I'm his "teacher" on Monday and get to be the one to decide if he gets a good report or not.  If they get a check on the school chart then they will get another 30 minutes of t.v., Wii or computer time. 
This has helped with the tendency that they have of spending their afternoons vegging out.  I will admit it has not helped things to be quieter but it has led to some fun playtime.

The different pictures represent the chore.  I just found pictures online and printed them, cut them out and then had them laminated.  They are attatched with the velcro dots.

The charts were printed and then laminated.  I hung them on the fridge using the velcro dots.  See how the chore chart has a picture by their name.  That is how they know what their chore is for the week.

I also printed out this table setting guide and laminated it.  It too is attatched with velcro dots to the inside of the cabinet where their plates and bowls are stored.  When someone has the chore of setting the table then I will help them use this as a guide.  I figure it's never too soon to learn table manners and all that.

So far it is going good and I'm liking the extra help around here. If there is a down side at all it is that my Caleb asks if there is more stuff he can do to get more Wii time! 


2 comments:

  1. what a great idea! and i looove the name caleb, ever since i read east of eden in high school.

    thanks for following, and good luck on the giveaway. i'd say the birth of a child is a pretty good gift! i love michael buble, too. is that a voice or what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea!! Way to go! I'm so excited to be your newest follower of your sweet blog and I would love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! Be sure to link up your creations each week at my Fabulous Friday Finds party! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0