Monday, October 18, 2010

Family Fall Tree

  I love artwork that is done with hand prints.  I love fall.  
Put those two together and this is what you get:

A Family Fall Tree!  
 I painted this tree trunk on their easel paper and then cut it out and taped it on the wall.  
 Then we made leaves with 
tempera paint, manila paper and our hands.
 Josh informed me that he knew how to do this 
and that he could do it by himself, and he did.

Simon painted more than just the paper.  The orange paint did not come out of that shirt by the way.
 Caleb didn't quite get the idea of making separate hand prints.  
I had to intervene and help him out.

After our hand prints dried I cut them out and then taped 
them all around in the branches of the tree.  
Hubby and I have our prints in there too. 

There is the wall in my dining room.  The table is pulled out more than it usually is so that I could get behind there to work.  
I think it adds a fun touch to our dining area.  
I love our tree and I love my family.

The Girl Creative







BWS tips button


All Thingz Related

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by and leaving a nice comment! I LOVE this idea! So fun and great for the whole family.

    Ashlie
    stuffbyash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0