Friday, May 28, 2010

Boot Camp at Home

This was a week off from boot camp before the summer session starts.  I knew I would have to do some things on my own in order to stay in a groove with the working out.  So Monday I did a resistance cord workout from a DVD right there in my living room.  I bought the cord at Academy and it came with the DVD.  It was a 20 minute workout and my arms were pretty sore from it.  The instructor had us doing some of the same exercises that I have been doing in boot camp.  I really liked it and I am sure I will do it again.  The DVD is called Resistance Cord Workout with Tanja Djelevic and it's a Gaiam product. 

Wednesday I did a running tabata and then did some arm, ab and leg exercises.  I didn't have a stopwatch to time my 20/10 second intervals for the tabata so I just used my ipod and found a 4 minute song and watched it as it counted down.  Downside was I had to hold my ipod in my hand while I was running.

Today I wogged (walked/jogged) for 15 minutes just around a little track by my house.  Then I went to the basketball court and sprinted down the middle, did a sideways squating shuffle (that's the technical term for that exercise) across the half and then ran backwards down the long side and jogged back to starting position and did it twice on each side.  Then I did walking lunges across half court. 

I started Weight Watchers on Wednesday and so far it is going okay.  I will be weighing myself every Sunday for that.  I just wasn't doing very well with the calorie counting so I am hoping this program will help me with that. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend and stays safe!  Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0