Monday, January 31, 2011

Recipe of the Week - Mexican Lasagna

This is a recipe that I found in the coupon/ads and I altered it a bit to fit our tastes.

Ingredients:
2 to 3 cooked, boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into small pieces (about 3 cups), divided
1 can (28 oz) or 2 cans (15oz) mild red enchilada sauce
1 container (8 oz) of sour cream
1 can (12 fl oz) Evaporated milk
2 cups (8 oz pkg) shredded cheddar cheese
1 can (4 oz)  of diced jalepenos or if you want it less spicy use diced green chilies, undrained
1 pkg (12 tortillas) 7-inch corn tortillas


Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 13x9-inch baking dish.

Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in medium bowl. 

Combine evaporated milk, cheese and jalepenos in medium saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth.  Remove from heat.

Spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce mixture on bottom of baking dish.  Layer with 4 tortillas.  I had to tear mine to fit in the pan.  Then put on another cup of enchilada sauce mixture and 1 1/2 cups chicken

 And then 1 cup of cheese sauce.  

 Repeat the layers one more time, starting with tortillas.  
Top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and 
cheese sauce.  Cover with foil.  Bake for 40 minutes. 

Uncover; cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.

The Girl Creative


2 comments:

  1. Love this recipe! Thanks for sharing.

    I replied to your email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, this sounds delish, I may try this next week..ty!

    I am stopping by from TGC Would love to have you take a look at my project, too : )

    http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0