Thursday, December 16, 2010

Down the Hill We Go in a Giant Cardboard Box

Today it snowed a lot!  We got about 4 inches and then it started to sleet but that didn't stop us from walking to the park to do a little sledding down the hill.  OK, so we don't own a sled.  But we had a big cardboard box!  After doing a little construction on it, and spending almost 30 minutes bundling everyone in their layers of winter gear, we were ready to go play.  This is something that I have never done before.  It was so much FUN!

Our driveway...I know it's under there somewhere.

Cute little boy.  All the boys were wearing their rain boots with 2 pairs of socks.  They still managed to kick up enough snow so that it fell down inside their boots!  

The road and our van parked on the side of the road.

That's how deep the snow was!  

Walking down to the park.
Basketball anyone?

There is the hill!

The first attempt.  Josh and Caleb were too heavy to slide together.

Caleb was timid at first but then he really liked it.  Josh had no fear at all!

I love seeing how happy they were!

Josh got going pretty fast.  

I have 6 new videos that I uploaded over at my Youtube Channel.  
You can check them out HERE.

This is the pile of wet shoes and clothes that were taken off as we came in the door.  I will definitely be looking for a "mud/snow" room in the house that we end up buying! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this looks like tons of fun! Glad you guys had some great snow!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0