Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Testament Tuesday #7

Sorry I missed last week!  I had to take a blogging break.  I just had too much else on my plate and my sister was here visiting. Which was a fun surprise that I will be writing more about later.  Anyway, this past week the reading was the entire books of Mark, 1 Peter and 2 Peter.  The reading schedule is under the tab marked New Testament Tuesday if you would like to reference it. 

The thing that jumped out to me the most this week was how calm Jesus was.  How peaceful and restful.  I mean don't get me wrong I remember the times when he was filled with righteous anger and how you can almost feel his frustration come through his words to his disciples, but his over all person, his character just exuded peace.  He didn't get all stressed out when faced with feeding the 5,000 or the 4,000.  Food was needed and he blessed the little they had and it was more than enough!  He wasn't concerned with a storm and he wasn't worried when confronted with a man possessed by many demons.  He calmed the storm with his words the same way he spoke the world into existence.  He called the demons out too and they feared him. 

This speaks volumes to me about faith and how I have a valid reason to put my trust in God.  I have been shown in my own life time and time again how He has a plan and purpose for me and I can trust in Him to take care of the details. 
Do I always?  No. 
Is it hard to do?  Yes. 
Is it restful and peaceful when I can?  Absolutely, yes!

He is God.  He is good.  His ways are higher than my own.  I will choose to give my worries over to Him and trust that I will be taken care of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0