Friday, June 18, 2010

Summer Boot Camp Week #3

Monday was a challenge.  We did 15 reps each of these exercises: squat press, bicycle kickouts, squat jumps, burpees, pushups, back extensions, and ab thrusts.  Then we ran/jogged/walked 1/2 a lap and then started over again.  The burpees slowed me down.  I always feel like I am going to pass out or throw-up when I'm doing those.  In all, I was able to do three rounds and then she awarded prizes to the people who did the most rounds in 4 different age categories.  The person that won in my age category did 4.  The prizes were giftcards to Spoons frozen yogurt.

Wednesday I did not want to get up, I had approximately 5 hours of sleep and it is hard for me to function fully on less than 6.  But I did go to boot camp and then left about 15 minutes early.  I just started feeling horrible.  Anyway the part I was there for was pretty intense.  We did some squats with bicep curls first with one arm, then the other and then both.  Several reps of each.  Then some back lunges with a T-ray move for the arms.  There was a special little leg lift in there with it.  It took some coordination and I was glad to see I wasn't the only one who had to go through it a couple of times to get it.  I wish I could explain it to you but I don't have the energy.  Anyway we did some more arm stuff with squats and lunges.  Then we did a tabata.  20 seconds of intense exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest, for a total of 4 minutes.  The first minute was squats with an overhead press.  Then plank jacks, followed by jumping rope (invisible rope), and then star jumps.  After that she was moving on to some ab stuff but, like I said, I was feeling pretty bad so I packed it  up and left.

Friday was a no-go for me.  I didn't sleep too well and I had to meet a friend to move some things so I took the extra 2 hours of sleep instead of a workout. 

Next week I will miss Monday and Wednesday because we are heading to Blacksburg, Virginia on Sunday.  We are going to try to find a house and get some things squared away on campus.  The boys are going to be staying with our parents so we are taking this trip all by ourselves!  Yay!  I know it's not really a vacation but I am going to try to make at least part of it feel that way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0