Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Letter H and the Number 8

It's been awhile since I have posted one of my lesson plans.  I have now stopped at the letter P with the kids and I will pick it back up in the Fall with Caleb and Simon.  Josh will be starting Kindergarten!  I'm not sure if I am ready for that. Any how, there has just been too many extra things going on for me to write out a week of lesson plans.  Oh well, we all need a break.

So here is what we did for the letter H and the number 8.

I introduced them to the nursery rhyme "Humpty Dumpty" and they colored a coloring page I found HERE.
We did the tracer pages for the letter H and the number 8.  The letter H can be found HERE and the number 8 can be found HERE.  We sang the songs "Head and Shoulders" and "If You're Happy and You Know It".  We talked about homes and the different places that people live.  We also looked at the different kinds of houses that animals make for themselves.  You can find some activities on homes HERE and HERE.  We made the mini booklet and then an activity where you matched the animal to their home.  And of course our last name starts with an H and so we practiced writing that. 

I didn't take any pictures during the H-week except for some of Simon in his apron that Grandi made for him.  Isn't he cute?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0