Saturday, January 24, 2009

Review of Twilight Saga

ATTENTION: The opinions expressed in this book review are my own and I am not affiliated in any way with the author or publisher of these works. Also, this is my first book review that is not for a class in school. So please be kind.

The Twilight Saga contains four books, or should I say novels, because they are each rather lengthy. However don't let the length intimidate you, the books are captivating and are worth every minute. You will find these books in the Young Adult section at any bookstore but if you try to check it out from your local library I am sure you will find it missing. They are just so popular right now! Again there are four books and they are titled: "Twilight", "New Moon", "Eclipse" and "Breaking Dawn". These books are works of fiction and they are written for a teen audience. However Twilight has gained a much broader following.

I was aware of how popular they were but until my sister Melinda, who is 24, told me how good Twilight was I had no real knowledge of the series. I borrowed the first book from her over New Years and with her recommendation fresh in my mind I started it immediately. I could not put it down! I have now read all four books and I am very impressed with the author. Ms. Meyer has created a bestseller series because she was able to relate to all ages. Much like the Ms. Rowling with the Harry Potter Books.

Don't worry I am not going to spoil any of the story for you but I will share with you a little bit of what Twilight is about. Basically it is a love story but there are other action and suspense aspects of the plot that make it less sappy. Yes there are vampires and other fictional type people. It is FICTION which means it is not true, it was made up. The story is told by the main character, Bella. She is a mature 17 year old who falls for a vegetarian vampire. I really don't want to share any more about the story for fear of ruining it for you but I recommend you find out for yourself just how great these books are. For more information on the author and her books you can go to her official website and check it out. http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/index.html


Just a side note: I went to see Twilight the movie and it was pretty good but not as good as the book. Which sadly, always seems to be the case.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new blog and am bookmarking it on mine as we speak! I have Twilight and now just need to find the time to read it -- you have inspired me to try and pick it up soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0