Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Who are we speaking for?

I have been reading in the book of John this past week and came across several scriptures that really spoke to me. One of them was John 7:18, "He who speaks from himself seeks his own glory; but He who is seeking the One who sent Him, He is true and there is no unrighteousness in Him." (NASB) Now in this passage Jesus is speaking and basically, if I am understanding it correctly based on other references (8:50 and 8:54), he is saying that he is not seeking glory for himself. He is speaking and doing things that God has given him to say and do, thus glorifying God in all he does. According to John 8:54 "Jesus answered, "If I glorify myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God':" I think this could get confusing if you try to think about it too much, just because of the whole Trinity aspect. They are all one but yet all different.
Anyways I was thinking that if you could apply that to your life and ask yourself "Who am I speaking for? Myself or God? Am I thinking God's thoughts and treating others the way Jesus would? Who am I seeking glory for?" It could be heart-changing! To really analyze your every thought, word and action before the throne of God! Christians, we are set apart and called to a higher purpose...not for ourselves. We've done nothing to deserve all that God has done for us. (Ephesians 1:3-14) Holy is He!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! You make my day!

Swidget 1.0